Yes, I'm a Type A personality. My color is Gold in the True Colors personality profile. Planning stuff, especially my running routine, is my thing. Some folks wing it, I like to plan it. Or for 2010.... Move it, move it.
I did a little research after reading that Jesse was planning on using Pete Pfitzinger. I have adopted Pfitzinger's Intermediate 55-mile program for my next Marathon. I've got the book on the way too, so I plan on doing a deep dive into Phitzinger's principles. We'll see how this plan goes for the spring Marathon, and if I will continue to use it for the fall Marathon.
My GOAL race/run for this year will be an 50K Trail Ultra Marathon called StumpJump. Considering that it took me 2 hours to run 9 miles at Percy Warner Park (and IT WAS BRUTAL), I've got a lot of training to do for this one.
2010 Running Schedule (subject to Change)
- Start the year off with Old Man's 50K Run at the Murfreesboro greenway. I'm going to try the entire 50.
- A few 5/10K runs in Jan/Feb.
- Tom King Half Marathon at Titan's Stadium in March.
- Rock Creek River Gorge 10.2 Mile Trail Run in Chattanooga in March.
- 11th Country Music Marathon in April - Steph is running the Half. Will be fun.
- Wild Thang Trail Run in Nashville and
- the Scenic City Trail Half Marathon in Chattanooga in May.
- RC and Moon Pie 10 Miler - Should be HOT in June
- July/Aug/Sept will be 50K training period, with a few 5/10K's thrown in to keep the speed up.
- Oct 3rd, 2010 will be the Rock/Creek StumpJump 50K - Move it, move it.....
- Tentatively scheduling Chickamauga Battlefield Marathon in November, because I enjoyed it so much the first time.
My personal goals are:
- Have more FUN. I know I am a planner, but running, at its core, is about getting away from ordinary life and enjoying nature and yourSELF.
- 1.500 miles is my goal. 1,800 is my stretch goal.
- Lose 10 more pounds. I think I will be much fitter running at 150 instead of 160. Seriously, I will need an entirely new wardrobe if that happens. This time last year, I was around 180 pounds.
- 3:45 Marathon
- 1:40 Half Marathon
- 21:xx - 5K
- 44:xx - 10K