Tuesday, November 10, 2009

26.2 or Bust - Chickamuaga Style


T-minus 4 days on the calendar. My excitement is slowly building. I am a HUGE Civil War buff since I was a child visiting Vicksburg, Mississippi with my dad. Living in Middle Tennessee with all the battlefield's close by has always been cool. My main 6 mile bread-n-butter run goes through Stones River (Murfreesboro) battlefield. So doing a marathon through the oldest National park in America and one of the biggest Civil War battlefields will be a treat for me.

A big, huge THANK YOU to all the advice that you gave me on my training. The consensus was to treat Saturday's run as a training run, and continue towards my "goal" marathon at Las Vegas in December. So, here is my training run plan for this weekend:
  • 1 thru 5 miles between 9:00 and 9:30 per mile
  • 6 thru 20 miles at MP (9:00-9:09)
  • 21-26 - Enjoy the race, evaluate, and finish
  • .2 - run, limp or crawl past the finish line. 
OK, but nobody picked A - set a World Record - What? no faith - LOL !!!!

3 comments:

Thanks for commenting. :)