Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Trochanteric Bursitis / Iliotibial Band Friction Syndrome


Got into the Doc's office this morning and he pointed right to the pain in my hip and said "It's either ITBS or Bursitis Sac." He gave me some pain med and referred me to the Physical Therapist.


Being neurotic about this stuff, I've been doing some research on the Running Forums, and a few in particular have diagnosed this from doing SPEED work on a TRACK. Let's see, THAT WOULD BE ME !!!

Some quick links in case your interested.


Rehab Exercises - U of Michigan Health Systems

When can I resume my training? - The Sports Medicine Patient Advisor

I'll give an update after my initial visit to Results Physotherapy on Thursday afternoon. Hopefully a full week's rest and some PT exercises will be the remedy. Let's hope.

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. :)